Facial waxing is a staple treatment for most salons. This course will teach you the skills and knowledge needed to carry out any facial waxing on areas such as the lip and chin, eyebrows, sides of the face and neck.
Although it is appropriate for complete beginners, it is also ideal for individuals wishing to improve current skills to supplement any prior beauty certifications.
- Anatomy and physiology of the skin and hair
- Infection control and correct waste disposal
- The hair structure
- Hair types
- Hot or strip wax
- Skin diseases and disorders
- Contraindications and Contra-actions
- Legal concerns and consultation requirements
- Practical set up
- Professional demonstration of the following areas; lip wax, brow wax, chin wax and sides of the face
- Practical training; participants will work on one another in the morning session, and on their own model in the afternoon
- Aftercare Advice
- Professional Kit Optional
- Course Manual
- Certification upon successful course completion
You will be required to work on each other during your practical assessments, if you are unable to take part in the treatment you will be required to provide your own model. Models must not be under 16, pregnant or breastfeeding and must sign a consent form. Please ensure that they have adequate hair growth in all areas of practice. The lip, chin and eyebrows will all be worked on.
There is no previous beauty qualification or experience needed to attend this course.
You will be trained and assessed by a fully qualified tutor at and upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a Accredited Certificate, recognised and accepted for insurance purposes with main insurance providers.
CPD Accredited Certificate